Monday, July 5, 2010

ETERNITY! Straight Ahead: Proceed With Caution

Okay, so I'll be the first to admit that I'm not very good with taking notes in church. Not having notebook but rather using an app on my iPod, it is harder to remember to take notes. But yesterday in church I took notes.

Services in my church are two hours, and I didn't take notes the whole time. I just took notes during the main part of the sermon.

The minister that preached was Merle Flory. I always thoroughly enjoy his sermons. He speaks well and has a way of making you listen (when he is striking a point, he yells. No one falls asleep during one of his sermons.). So the following points and notes are what I wrote down from his sermon on Sunday, July 4, 2010.

What would you do if you were driving down the road and saw a sign that said: "ETERNITY! Straight ahead. Proceed with caution."?

Four Ways We Need to Proceed With Caution

(1) Mark 8:34; Christ called all the people. Not just one elite group.
     I must *will* to come to Jesus
     Nobody can make this decision for me. 
     With my mind I must
     intend,
     resolve,
     determine,
     purpose,
     wish,
     love,
     like,
     and find pleasure
    to come to Jesus.

(2) I must *deny* myself
      Mark 8:34
      I must
      affirm that I have no acquaintance or connection with,
     lose sight of,
     forget,
    disown,
    disregard,
    forsake,
    renounce,
   reject,
   disclaim,
   and say no to
   myself. 

(3) I must take up the cross
     Revelation 9:20-21
     Romans 6:6, 11-13

(4) I must follow Jesus
      Am I just walking around with the envelope, or am I really following Jesus? 
      Am I trying to use an imitation?
      Mark 8:35

The best way to proceed with caution is to seek to have your best life now and by underestimating the worth of your own soul. 

Proceeding with caution means to live for eternity.
 
It's hard to live for eternity because we are in an adulterous and sinful world and the world is against us. 

JESUS IS COMING SOON!!

ETERNITY!
Straight Ahead.
Proceed with Caution.
Proceed with Trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment