Saturday, June 12, 2010

"Till He fill thy mouth with laughing and thy lips with rejoicing." Job 8:21

Everyone loves a good laugh. And why not? One of the best feelings is to have a good laugh--one that comes deep from within you. When we are happy, God is happy. He loves to see us laughing and enjoying ourselves. There is evidence everywhere that God has a wonderful sense of humor and wants us to see us laugh. So, in light of that, today's post is dedicated to laughter. It's chock full of humorous quotes, quips, and some, um, unusual conversations I've had with my friends. Enjoy!

(This conversation took place entirely via texting. I was in a bad mood, and Logan began poking at it. I think this is why we get stares when in public together. Just maybe.)
Rose: I need something to bite..
Logan: Just don't bite me!!
Rose: You're the only thing available! graah!!!
Logan: aah!! *runs away*
(running scene)
Rose: *catches up, jumps, and BITES* HAHA! I got you!!
Logan: No you didn't!
Rose: Ya, I did!
Logan: NO, you didn't!!
Rose: Oh ya? Then what's that?
Logan: Cherry. Jam.
(nuff said.)

(The way the roads are set up, if you are driving up Denmark Hill, and someone is driving towards Denmark Hill on Thrall Rd, you are closer to my house than that person. So here's the story: my sister and I are coming back in from town, trying to beat our dad home. We're driving on Thrall towards Denmark Hill. I see my dad's truck . . .)
Rose: Oh, look! There's Dad--he's on Denmark Hill
Emma: Good!! That means we'll beat him home, right? 

(Another one of my dear sister's blond moments. The funny thing about these moments is my hair is way lighter than hers. So, we're driving down a two-way road . . .)
Emma: Hey, Rose, you know how when you're driving the other direction and the passenger seat is on the inside of the lane?
Rose: . . . You might want to re-think that one.

(There was 400+ people at National Convention. It was always quite loud in the Dining Hall at meals. Conversations were always an adventure.)
Kiefer: (talking about his abundance of t-shirts and mentions they are his favorite clothing)
Rose: I like hoodies!
Kiefer: WOW, Rosie. That wins the award for the most random comment of the week!
Lily: What did she say?
Rose: All I said was that I like hoodies . . .
Lily: Rosie, that is very random.
Rose: How is it random?? Kiefer said he likes t-shirts and I like hoodies!
Kiefer: Hoodies? I thought you said pudding!
Lily: Pudding?? I thought she said cookies!!
(Well, I guess it was better than a million "huh?"'s)

(The rest is just random funny quotes I like.)

A celebrity is a person who works hard all his life to become well known, then wears dark glasses to avoid being recognized.  ~Fred Allen

There are three types of people in this world: those who can count and those who can't.

Four out of three people don't understand fractions.


Welcome to the dark side. Are you surprised we lied about the cookies?


Be alert. The world needs more lerts. 


Eagles may soar in the clouds, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.  ~Attributed to both Jason Hutchison and John Benfield


The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us.  ~Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.  ~Author Unknown

Who says nothing is impossible.  I've been doing nothing for years.  ~Author Unknown

 Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.  That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile way and you have their shoes.  ~Author Unknown

Lead me not into temptation; I can find the way myself.  ~Rita Mae Brown

Ever have one of those days where you drop your car keys in hot lava? Just let 'em go . . . ~Deep Thoughts With Aaron Watson



(Hope you enjoyed this little side trip from deep thoughts (lol)! Remember that laughter is a gift from God!! Have a wonderful and blessed day!)   

No comments:

Post a Comment