Saturday, June 19, 2010

Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!

So, first off, I apologize for not being that great at blogging lately. You see, I was attacked by this purple people eater who took me to his cave to eat me. But, I fought my way out and came back and did not get eaten because I'm cool like that. Aw, who am I kidding? You want the truth? My allergies and school have been driving me up the wall, so lately, most of the stuff I have been doing is watching Lit classes and blowing my nose. Yup. Nothing too heroic. Just time-consuming. LOL.

Anywho, I do believe I promised y'all a poem. Weeeelll, guess what? I'm not gonna post it. I decided I didn't like it, which shouldn't be surprising. My poetry isn't that great. I prefer essay/short story formats. I do have one poem that I wrote that I actually like, but the file is on a different computer. So no poems for you!

Something that a friend mine said once was that I should write a book. Well, before she said this, a book was in progress! And still is . . . lol. I've been kind of slow with working on it lately, but I have the rest of it outlined, and it should be ready for publishing by the end of the year.

Here's a brief synopsis:
Esperanza's Journey is a modern fantasy story about a girl who goes on a life changing journey. Unsatisfied with her life in the Dark Forest collecting beautiful but temporary stones, Esperanza uses her discovery of a small something in the distance (called 'light') to go searching for something better. Rejected by people she thought loved her, Esperanza begins her journey alone. In this story meant to show similarity to Pilgrim's Progress, Esperanza discovers true happiness and the love of the One who gave His life for her.

In a few weeks, I will be headed to TeenPact's Endeavor West, which is an all girls TeenPact Alumni event. I'm super excited to spend a week with some of my favorite girlfriends, worshiping God and learning how to be a true Proverbs 31 woman. And of course, I will write about it when I get back. :)

At some point I'm going to post my thoughts on this whole Obama-suing-Arizona dealio. It's kind of driving me nuts.

Well, that's it for now! Hope y'all are having a great Saturday! God bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment