Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Three Days To Travel

This is actually an essay I wrote last year for school. I absolutely love traveling, and have many, many places I would love to explore. So you can understand why I pounced on this essay topic as soon I saw it. Hope you enjoy!


For some, if offered an all-expense paid, three days travel, picking where to go would be hard. For me, it would be easy. There are three places I have always desired to visit. If I could, I would enjoy bringing a friend on an excursion like this.

On the first day, my plane lands in New York City early in the morning. I have my breakfast at a small downtown cafe. After breakfast, I make a bee line for the Metropolitan Museum of Art. As I gaze upon and study each painting and sculpture, I marvel that so many artists everyday attempt to recreate the beauty of God’s creation with paints. I eat my lunch in another cafe as I stare out the window at the millions of people walking by. After lunch, I explore Bloomingdale’s and buy a pretty dress for dinner and then go for a long walk in Central Park. As I look around at the illustrious greenery, I realize that even in this concrete jungle there is beauty. Towards 4 o’clock, I settle down under a large tree to read a book. At fancy restaurant with a dress code, I have dinner. Once I finish my dinner, I take a subway over to Broadway to see one of their famous shows. During the show, I watch wide-eyed at the many actors with such wonderful God-given talent. After the show, I change into a more casual outfit and board the plane that will take me to next destination as I sleep.

On the second day, my flight touches down in London, England. I get directions to a small bakery, where I have a British breakfast. The rest of my morning is spent taking a tour of Buckingham Palace. As I look upon the king’s throne, I am reminded that I am the daughter of the Heavenly King. As I eat my lunch in a bistro I reflect on all the wonderful things I have seen already this past day and a half. I ponder about how man can make beautiful and useful gadgets and machines, but how he has never been able to artificially reproduce God’s Creation. After dinner at the East London Balti house, I spend the evening at Shakespeare’s Globe Theater. In the late evening, I board the plane that will take me to my third and final destination. Happy and content, I curl up in my seat and sleep as the plane flies across the Atlantic Ocean

On my third and final day of travel, I wake up to my plane landing in Seattle, Washington. Standing up and stretching, I leave the airport and find a Starbucks, where I eat my breakfast. After breakfast, I proceed to the Space Needle, where I spend the rest of the morning learning about and looking at Seattle from a bird’s eye view. The revolving restaurant in the Space Needle is the location of my lunch. As I eat, I gaze upon the marvelous and huge city, filled with so many people, lost and without Jesus. My afternoon is spent at the Bellevue Square Mall, where I spend my time discovering one boutique after another. Around 6 o’clock, I go to dinner at The Cheesecake Factory, which is conveniently next to the mall I am at. When I finish my dinner, I hurry down to an all-ages Comedy Underground show. Afterward, as I take the shuttle to my home in Ellensburg, I contemplate on everything I have seen and done. I once again marvel at the beautiful gifts of God’s Creation that He has given to man around the world, and the ability God has given man to build huge cities. I am amazed at wonderful talents each person has that I have tremendously enjoyed these past few days.

The day after I get home, I assemble pictures and memories into a large scrapbook for my family and friends to see. I also post some pictures on my Facebook page, which is bursting at the seams because I haven’t checked it for three days. As I get back into normal routine during the next week, I find myself thinking about how no matter how wonderful a vacation is, there is truly no place like home.

So, um, if anyone wants to provide me with the money for three days to explore my favorite places . . . just kidding! Maybe someday when I'm old and rich I'll be able to go globe-trotting. 

That's all for now! God bless you and have a fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment