Wednesday, November 24, 2010

In Every Thing Give Thanks

"In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." 1 Thessalonians 5:18


EVERYTHING.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. The day when we take time to pause and reflect on all the blessings in our life. And to be thankful for them.

But what about those things in our lives that weren't exactly blessings? 

Are we supposed to be thankful for those too?

Yup

You remember that time in your life when so-and-so wasn't exactly being the greatest friend ever? Or what about that day last week when nothing could go right? 
Are you thankful for them?

"Uh...what?"

You heard me right. 

Are you thankful for them?

Think about it. So what if so-and-so wasn't being a good friend? Didn't you find out that the other so-and-so was the best friend you could ever have?

And that day last week... everything was falling apart! But remember when that random person in your life gave you a hug and/or told you everything was going to be okay? And that they were praying for you?

Those are things to be thankful for. 

Those instances gave you those things.

In every thing give thanks. 

I went through several years of turmoil back in my early teens. But I sit here today stronger than ever. God taught me so much through those years. True, I'm still healing. I'm still learning. 

If I hadn't gone through what I went through, I would not be the person I am today. God has placed a passion for teens and children into my heart, that I might not have discovered if not for what happened to me. It is because of what happened to me that God was able to open my eyes. Open my eyes to get a tiny glimpse of His purpose for my life. 

So guess what?

This Thanksgiving, I am thankful for:

My family

My friends (certain friends especially).

My beautiful life.

My amazing Savior.

And my time of turmoil. 

Because in that time of turmoil, I was tried. And purified. And I'm coming out as gold. 

What are you thankful for?



No comments:

Post a Comment