Thursday, August 19, 2010

A photograph is memory in the raw. --Carrie Latet

Something that I enjoy in my spare time (besides writing) is photography. My mom has a Canon Rebel and I use it as much as possible. I also use a standard point and shoot (Casio brand). Here is a sample of my photography (paired with some amazing quotes I found). I will be entering these photographs in my county fair. Hopefully tomorrow I will get a chance to write a post about a "first" I had today. 













You don't take a photograph.  You ask, quietly, to borrow it.  ~Author Unknown




















I just think it's important to be direct and honest with people about why you're photographing them and what you're doing.  After all, you are taking some of their soul.  ~Mary Ellen Mark
  



















The camera can photograph thought.  ~Dirk Bogarde














While there is perhaps a province in which the photograph can tell us nothing more than what we see with our own eyes, there is another in which it proves to us how little our eyes permit us to see.  ~Dorothea Lange

 










When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs.  When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence.  ~Ansel Adams













You don't take a photograph, you make it.  ~Ansel Adams
 
 











A photograph is usually looked at - seldom looked into.  ~Ansel Adams















No place is boring, if you've had a good night's sleep and have a pocket full of unexposed film.  ~Robert Adams
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A good snapshot stops a moment from running away.  ~Eudora Welty












The world just does not fit conveniently into the format of a 35mm camera.  ~W. Eugene Smith
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Often while traveling with a camera we arrive just as the sun slips over the horizon of a moment, too late to expose film, only time enough to expose our hearts.  ~Minor White




















I think a photography class should be a requirement in all educational programs because it makes you see the world rather than just look at it.  ~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment