Sunday, April 3, 2011

It Started Out As a Feeling

Feelings.
Love.
Hate.
Joy.
Sorrow.
Excitement
Indifference.
Renewal.
Heartbreak.
Warmth
Chill.
Smiles.
Frowns.
Sun.
Rain.
Good.
Bad.
Happy.
Sad.
Dance.
Sleep.
Hug.
Alone.
Friendship.
No one.
Family.
Rejection.
Light.
Dark.
On my skin.
In my heart.
Reflecting through my eyes.
Sifting through my fingers and toes.
Wrapping me up.
Gently.
Smoothing my hair.
Brushing my cheek.
Feelings surround me.
Overwhelm me.
One would be nice.
Two, maybe three.
But my feelings don't listen.
Sometimes they attack me.
Poking.
Pulling.
Contradicting.
Confusing.
How do I know
The start of something good?
I don't.
I just do.
How do I harbor
A contradiction in one emotion?
I don't.
I just do.
What would my life
Feel like?
Taste like?
See like?
Hear like?
Smell like?
If I did not feel?
Or maybe
I've already answered this.
I don't want nothing.
But sometimes I do.
Is wanting
To not feel
A feeling too?

1 comment:

  1. Hmm...this was cool. It makes me think.
    And if your title is at all a reference to "The Call" by Regina Spektor, I happen to adore that song. (:

    ReplyDelete