Monday, February 7, 2011

That Crazy Little Thing Called Love

In light of the fact that Valentine's Day is only a week away, I thought I would share some snippets of random thoughts and quotes. I have something planned for a post on the actual day, but I thought it'd be fun to share these. Enjoy!

The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread.  ~Mother Teresa

For you see, each day I love you more
Today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.
~Rosemonde Gerard

Love is a symbol of eternity.  It wipes out all sense of time, destroying all memory of a beginning and all fear of an end.  ~Author Unknown

I don't understand why Cupid was chosen to represent Valentine's Day.  When I think about romance, the last thing on my mind is a short, chubby toddler coming at me with a weapon.  ~Author Unknown

Anyone can catch your eye, but it takes someone special to catch your heart.  ~Author Unknown

We loved with a love that was more than love.  ~Edgar Allan Poe (one of my favorite poems by him <3)

Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.  ~Henry Van Dyke

It is not that love is blind.  It is that love sees with a painter's eye, finding the essence that renders all else background.  ~Robert Brault

Love is a choice. It's something you have to choose everyday. Sometimes, people are so unlovable. But God showed the greatest love when He died for us. And truthfully, everyday we are least lovable. Everyday we disappoint God. But He still loves us. "Greater love hath no man than this: that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13 

Jesus laid down His life for us. The least we could do is love those who we don't always want to love. Unconditional love should be the mindset of our entire life. God loves us without condition, so why shouldn't we love others just the same? 

Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; 
And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, 
and hath given himself for us an offering 
and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour. 
Ephesians 5:1

2 comments:

  1. Ooh! What Poe-m [har har...ok, enough with the lame puns] is that? I feel like I've heard it before but I can't place it. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's called "Annabelle Lee". Poe is definitely a favorite of mine :)

    ReplyDelete