Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Resolving Upon a New Year

The year 2010 is almost over. On Friday, I will stay up until midnight (not exactly a difficult feat) to ring in the new year. 2011. The year I will graduate. The year I will begin college. THE year.

But what about 2010?

Uh... what about it?

Wasn't 2010 THE year?

Sort of.

It was THE year. But not in the way in which I was referring to 2011.

2011 will be THE year of transition. Change. Growing up. Starting to be on my own. Becoming an adult.


EEEEEEK.

But 2010 was also THE year.

THE best year of my life thus far.

Looking back on the year, I can see that God completely and utterly spoiled me. He gave me so so much this year. He let so much good happen.

So much.

TeenPact.

Getting the opportunity to visit BJU

Three amazing best friends.

More Teenpact.

Teaching me forgiveness.

Leading me into and even now walking with me through this season of healing.

Epic air travel adventures.

My brother getting saved.

I could probably go on forever. God gave me a beautiful year. I keep going back and adding things He's done for me.

And then there's next year.

Highschool graduation.

College.

Teaching photography classes.

More TeenPact.

Working on (and hopefully finishing) my book.

Whatever else God has in store.

With every New Year comes the idea of new beginnings. A new start. A time to begin breaking bad habits and forming good ones. In my mind, New Year's Resolutions are kind of a list of things you really really want to accomplish in the upcoming year. So, here's mine.

1) Read through the entire Bible by the end of the year.
2) Take my dog for a walk at least three times a week.
3) Read all the books I got for Christmas with understanding.
4) Prayerfully develop my leadership skills.
5) Be more consistent when I commit to something.
6) Curbing my temper.
7) Complete a year long "A Photo A Day" project.
8) Become a prayer warrior (this one kind of ties into #5)
9) Be a better steward of my money (aka work on enlarging my college savings account)
10) Be continually thankful for every day that goes by.
11) And the most important: Never stop praising God.

What are your resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment