Thursday, January 10, 2013

Pressing On. And Moving On.

A lot can happen in two months.

A semester ends.

Finals are passed.

Classes end.

Break begins.

And life goes on.

And I keep pressing on.

That's the thing about life. It goes on.

It keeps going, no matter what.

Life does not stop for anyone.

Each day passes by, whether you want it to or not.

Greetings are made.

Good-byes are said.

And the everything in between.

There is so much that has happened in these two short months, I don't even know how to begin to share my heart with you. Sometimes, I don't know what to say anymore. It's as if the writing part of my soul just kind of... slipped away.

Sometimes, I visit my blog. Read through posts. Look at where I began, and where I was at my last post. Scroll through my traffic feed. Seeing how many people keep coming back. I wonder why. Are they hoping I've posted again? I wonder how many people I've disappointed with my lack of posting.

If I've disappointed them.

I've missed writing.

But I can't... do it anymore.

Twelve days ago (fromt the writing of this post), someone from Redding, California visited my blog. I used to live there. I have memories of crazy heat, the time it snowed, my Madeline themed birthday party. California was a happy time for me. I was there from ages 1 1/2 to 4. The stage of childhood I love marveling at now as an adult.

So hello to you, Redding, California. I hope my blog did not disappoint.

There's a post I wrote back in 2010. It's my most popular post. It has been ever since I wrote it. Since publishing, that post on its own has received 257 views. And that is not counting views it "received" if people were just scrolling through old posts.

Wow.

It still comes up in search engines.

Wow.

I have reached people all around the world with my blog. Twenty-five times my blog has been accessed from China.

I am blown away by the stretch my blog has made. I mean... pageviews from China? Russia? Malaysia?

And I have had less than 6,000 lifetime pageviews. That's not many for someone who has been blogging for as long as I have.

But the fact that people have liked my blog enough to accumulate between them 5,944 views amazes me. I just hope and pray that God has used my blog in even just one person's life to change them for the better.

I hope A Paradox Among the Logical has touched you. I hope that by reading my blog, you have found something worth your time.

I hope reading my blog has blessed you as much as writing it has blessed me.

Because this is my final post.

In this season in life, this time, I no longer have time to blog. It's a tough decision to make. I want to cry as I'm typing this. I probably would if I was a little more alone in my dorm room.

I am sincerely going to miss blogging. I loved having an avenue to share my writing, even if I didn't even know if someone would read it.

Thank you, to the people who contributed to the 5,944 hits my blog received during it's two year and eight month lifetime.

But most of all, the thanks and glory goes to God. Without Him, I am nothing, and this blog would have never happened. I thank Him for His grace, and for all the lessons He has taught me. I thank Him that I was able to share them with the people who read them.

If I choose to pick up blogging again, I will leave a short post on this blog with a link to my new blog. It may take a few months... it may take a few years. But by the grace of God, I will once again return to the blogging world.

Farewell, friends. Thank you for reading.


But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.

Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss 
for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: 
for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, 
and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, 
which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, 
the righteousness which is of God by faith:

That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, 
and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: 
but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: 
but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, 
and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 3:7-14

No comments:

Post a Comment