Friday, May 11, 2012

{Food Experiments} Pizza

Fridays are the best days for dinner in my house. It's been our tradition for about ten years now to have pizza for dinner on Friday nights. At first, I was going to hunt around for a gluten-free pizza recipe. But then, I found a gluten-free pizza mix. Assuming it would be easier to make, I got it. And it was... interesting to say the least. But, it's delicious, so I must've done something right! ;)

Pizza
recipe from Glutino

Ingredients:
Entire bag of pizza mix
Enclosed yeast packet

Here's kinda what the box looks like...




















1 3/4 cups lukewarm water or milk (depending on wether you have any dairy issues or not. I went with milk)
1 tsp cider vinegar (I substituted rice vinegar. Mostly because I didn't have cider vinegar.)
1 tbsp honey or sugar (I went with honey)
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup vegetable oil or melted butter (canola oil, vegetable oil, same difference...)
2 eggs plus 1 egg white or 1 egg and 3 egg whites, lightly beaten (I went with the first option and forgot to beat them. Whoops. It was still tasty.)

Baking Instructions:
Pour mix and yeast into large bowl. 
Combine remaining ingredients. 
Beat 2 minutes using a heavy-duty mixer.



The recipe says you should scrape the dough into a bread pan.
Don't.
It's super sticky.
And not worth the time.
Cover it with saran wrap and let it rise for 40 minutes.

See, I was dumb and transferred the dough into a bread pan.
DON'T BE LIKE ME!! ;)

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
Spread dough on lightly oiled cookie sheet(s) or pizza pan.
It's probably gonna be really sticky. Be ye warned.

Cover with delicious toppings.
I'm one of those people that loves a classic pepperoni pizza.
Yummmm.




Put in oven.
(Duh.)


Bake 15 minutes or until edges of crust are brown.


And then... eat!!


Om nom nom nom nom...

No comments:

Post a Comment