Friday, April 16, 2010

Sinners in the Hands of and Angry God (and other updates)

Last week for my American Literature class I read Jonathan Edwards' "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God". WOW. It is an awesome sermon. I recommend it to everyone--Christian or not. Something I really drew from it was the surprise of God's love for us. I always knew that His love was unusual, and loaded with grace and mercy, but I guess I never really thought about the full extent of His love. Every single one of us is wicked and sinful, and truthfully, we've all disappointed Him greatly. God has no obligation or anything that binds Him to loving us. He just. . .does. For no reason other than because He cares for us. He didn't have to send Jesus to die for us. He didn't even have to let us continue living after the Fall. He could have just snuffed us out and started over. But HE DIDN'T. He offers us everything we don't deserve: grace, mercy, redemption, salvation. And He doesn't even have to. He could throw any one of us into Hell whenever He pleases. But He's given us a chance at new life. Just reading that sermon made me so thankful that I have taken this free, wonderful, undeserved gift.

In other happenings, life's been going good. I've been sick this week, but am almost completely recovered! I'm really pumped for TeenPact National Convention in late May, partially because I'm running for Representative!!!!! This summer is going to be filled with work, friends, trips, job shadows, 4-H, etc, etc, etc. Can't wait! There's not too much new besides all that stuff.

I think I'll be using this blog mostly for my random philosophical thoughts and opinions on stuff. I guess that's mostly why I started it, because Facebook statuses don't allow that much character-wise, and posting a new note everyday gets dry. Anywho, stay tuned for more!


Wore my glasses today. . .just thought I'd share lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment